Occupational health, EAP, wellness, or disability management staff contribute by:
- Analyzing data related to mental health on absenteeism, disability, injuries, and usage of services for employees at work or off work.
- Partnering with Finance and Human Resources to contribute to the mental health data collection.
- Establishing supportive stay at work and return to work programs that assist employees.
- Advocating, where appropriate, for effective access to treatment and resources.
- Ensuring healthy lifestyle programs are in place for healthy eating, sleep, exercise and stress management and linking these to good mental health.
- Including mental health and psychological safety is in the work of joint health and safety committees.